If you want to save time, you could skip the step of boiling, removing of skin of the tomatoes as long as you plan to blend the sauce. Just make sure you mash the tomatoes up well so they cook down faster.
25 min - 1 hour
About 4 cups fresh tomatoes
1 T olive oil2 onions
1 package organic baby portobello mushrooms
4 minced garlic cloves
1 cup finely chopped basil leaves
2 bay leaves
2-3 T fresh oregano leaves
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
5 drops organic stevia
1. Core the tomatoes and score bottom with a small "x"
2. Place tomatoes in boiling water for about 30 sec - 1 min until the skin starts to peel off
3. Plunge tomatoes into ice bath and remove skin.
4. Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes
5. Add tomatoes and their juice, bay leaves, oregano, basil, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid is mostly or totally gone.
7. Add stevia
8. Discard bay leaves and pour into a blender and blend until smooth.Enjoy!